Saturday, December 8, 2007

Laceration and Abbration

I am writing this with one hand. Because today I've learned two new words. Laceration and abbration. I have also gotten aquainted with my fat cells, as they came into light on my right hand. Sometimes breaking up a dogfight will render you with a lacerated hole going into an abbrational bruise. Carol, the vilage physician was nice enough to clean, sterilize and tape me back together with various 3M products, which will hopefully stick better than their Post-Its, as the gaping hole heals. My first 24 hours in Alaska already will leave me with a three cm scar that I can tell exciting tales from for a time to come, and I have also decided that typing with my left hand is hard. Today has been an eventful day, a precursor for an exciting next few months. Stay tuned, a picture will follow.

And just for logistical purposes, this photograph is obviously not taken by me. Credit for this one goes to Sigrid Ekran who can operate a Leica. Good job.