Tuesday, November 20, 2007

More Wires

I spent a good part of yesterday trying to find wires for my hard drives. As I am presently moving my home base from American sockets to Norwegian, several complications arise. Like what are they called exactly, those long, black cables that go into the socket, which on the other end looks like a figure 8 and goes into whatever power box goes to whichever hard drive. Or charger. Or anything for that matter, no one understood what I was talking about even though it is the most common cable in the world. But who can blame them, my description probably needed a bit of editing. Regardless, I finally found them, and for the price of eight cups of coffee or a small Oslo meal, three cables are now mine, operating my hard drives. And they didn’t even explode.

In other news my first days in Oslo have been seriously foggy. Like you can't see your hand in front of you foggy. I like fog. The little light we get looks oh-so-pretty. Welcome home.